Our client, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking an E-Billing Coordinator to join our winning team, located in New York. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The E-Billing Coordinator will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As an E-Billing Coordinator, you will contribute your expertise to submit electronic invoices to clients on a monthly basis. The Coordinator assists with the transition of clients to e-billing and provides follow up support to attorneys, practice office staff, and clients in all aspects related to electronic billing. Your responsibilities as an E-Billing Coordinator will include these and other critical functions:
- Preparing and submitting monthly e-invoices to corporate clients. Ensuring all client and firm guidelines are followed during submission process.
- Acting as liaison between billing attorneys, secretarial staff, and clients’ staff regarding electronic billing, as directed.
- Populating, maintaining, and updating data for assigned clients in the Elite system and clients’ external web applications. Ensuring all relevant information is updated and correlated in the firm’s Elite system.
- Coordinating resubmission of invoices with billing attorney/secretary, practice office accounting staff, and client representatives. Ensuring corrective action is in place for future submissions.
- Assisting E-Billing Supervisor with the transition of clients to electronic billing. Coordinating necessary technical and logistic steps with internal staff, vendor staff, and clients’ designated employees.
- Reviewing clients’ guidelines and other written communication. Ensuring compatibility with firm’s billing policies and resolves any potential discrepancies before live rollout.
- Assisting E-Billing Supervisor with e-billing systems by adding/removing user accounts, resetting passwords, assigning proper security levels, entering budgets, and updating status reports/ matter profiles in various subsystems.
- Assisting E-Billing Supervisor in the preparation, maintenance and update of e-billing manual, reference guides, and educational tools that support the e-billing operation firm wide.
- Working with E-Billing Supervisor in analyzing e-billing industry trends, proactively seeking ways to improve current process, and maximizes efficiency within the group.
- Assisting with month end billing overflow and year-end closing and reporting as required.
- Assisting with special projects and ad-hoc requests as directed by the E-Billing Supervisor and Billing Manager.
- Completing projects on various issues when needed.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As a E-Billing Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful E-Billing Coordinator candidate must have ability to test and troubleshoot multiple e-software applications, and identify potential problem areas; familiarity with Ledes formats. Knowledge of ASCII and XML formats is a plus; knowledge of basic accounting principles; ten-key by touch; well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm; organizational skills/project management skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines; ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus; strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; strong knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, including MS Office.
Two (2) to Three (3) years of experience with general accounting practices desired. Four (4) years of related experience involving billing processes and practices desired. Experience with Elite Billing System preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
← return to listings