The Enterprise Applications Engineer provides engineering, operational, and administrative support for a multitude of desktop computing platforms and enterprise applications supporting highly critical business functions.
• Works with customers (end-users) to understand, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to desktop and application configuration in compliance with service level agreements.
• Analyzes and resolves problems according to shifting priorities, time frames and resources, as well as documenting resolutions.
• Provides operational support and administration for applications and services to include routine updates and patching.
• Identifies possible improvements to current systems or assists in implementing new features by researching, evaluating, proposing, and implementing a solution.
• Manages operational and engineering aspects of application and operating system lifecycles to include research, evaluation, proposal, deployment, maintenance, and updates.
• Engineers desktop computing platforms and productivity software to support critical business functions.
• Engineers interoperability between different enterprise applications and the desktop operating system.
• Engineers multi-tier server-based enterprise application systems.
• Engineers systems used to configure and deploy operating systems and applications to end-users.
• Engineers and manages a secure desktop environment and assists with data security related projects and tasks.
• Mentors and trains other IS technicians and engineers to understand and troubleshoot issues related to desktop and application configuration.
• Performs off-hours support as needed for system monitoring and maintenance, and to assist with time-sensitive customer requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to provide quality client service to internal contacts, regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Ability to lead small/medium-scale projects in a team or cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly environment to complete and reach established goals and objectives in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with (audience, e.g., attorneys, staff, vendors, public). Must be able to write precise and clear documentation.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload. Must work with a sense of urgency.
• Expert-level knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems and applications, preferably Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Office 2010.
• Conceptual and some operational understating of Windows OS imaging, updates deployment, and application deployment techniques, preferably using Microsoft SCCM and Citrix PVS.
• Conceptual and some operational understating of application packaging, distributing, and configuration, preferably using Microsoft SCCM, tools to create MSTs, command line install switches, Group Policies and Group Policy Preferences, custom scripts, Citrix XenApp, and application streaming technology like AppV.
• Conceptual and some operational understating of server-desktop type enterprise application setups, such as Interaction, ViDesktop, WestKM, CaseMap, IPManager, FileSite.
• Conceptual and some operational understating of packaging, distribution, and post deployment configuration of common productivity software like Adobe Reader, Flash, Best Authority, Elite Enterprise, Internet Explorer, Litera ChangePro, Metadact, Firefox, JRE.
• Conceptual and some operational understating of virtual desktop infrastructure, preferably Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 and its components such as Netscaler, Web Interface, PVS, DDC, Citrix License Server etc.
• Conceptual and some operational understating of the following technologies: Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers, DNS, DHCP, PXE, LAN, WAN, SQL, VMWare vSphere, Exchange, SAN, desktop and laptop hardware.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Networking or a directly related field. Equivalent work experience in IT field may be considered in lieu of some education.
• The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of Enterprise Applications or network administration experience in a Windows Server environment.
• The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience with software and OS deployment in a networked environment using tools such as SMS/SCCM.
• The position requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience working in a large (300+ nodes, 20+ servers) enterprise network environment.
← return to listings