- Ensurance that all trouble calls are answered in a prompt, courteous and accurate fashion. Follow up on closed trouble calls to ensure the user is functioning effectively. Escalation, of trouble calls to appropriate second level resources, or to Technology Support Manager;
- Entry into the User Support Problem Management System and tracking of all calls to identify patterns that may indicate either a systemic problem or a deficiency in training;
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of the applications and systems supported to include Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and CarpeDiem. Familiarity with the firm’s customizations and templates and coordination of multi-language software products;
- Assistance to trainers from Denver/DC, or contracted third parties, with the delivery of scheduled training classes. Follow-up on training provided to new hires on the standard suite of software products used at Firm;
- Periodic checks of hardware to ensure proper configuration (i.e. clock settings, default printer settings, paper size selections, display, etc.);
- Coordination and completion of workstation moves, installations, PC replacements, etc., as necessary especially with relocations. This will require the imaging of desktops;
- Involvement in planning future computer and printer needs and capacity planning;
- Setup and maintenance of users’ mobile devices, specifically BlackBerry and iOS devices;
- Support scheduled maintenance windows and assistance with system emergencies (i.e., power outages) that require system shutdown, rebooting, etc.;
- Assistance to clients and visitors to the office with laptop access and printer installations in conference rooms, visitor offices, etc.;
- Assistance with the setup and support of video conferences;
- Ensurance that firm attorneys and administrative personnel can remotely access network resources;
- Daily review of the systems operations checklist which includes ensurance all servers and network printers are in working order and LAN room is neat and environmentally stable;
- Diagnosis of PC/system/network problems and troubleshooting accordingly. Documentation and reports of any non-standard changes made to the system architecture;
- Telecom services which includes phone and voicemail training, the installation and testing of phones, handling move-add-change requests, notifying Telephone Systems of TELCO problems and providing general telephone support;
- Participation in various research projects as requested by the Technology Support Manager or the Office Administrator;
- Meeting of performance standards as set forth by the Information Technology Department management team;
- Asset management responsibilities including the tracking and maintenance of all PCs, printers, scanners, etc. Also monitor "hot spare" inventory as well as a laptop loaner pool. Response to all trouble calls in a prompt, courteous and accurate fashion. Follow up on closed trouble calls to ensure the user is functioning effectively. Escalation of trouble calls to appropriate second level resources, or to the Technology Support Manager;
- and other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong computer troubleshooting skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint ); a strong understanding of document management systems is also required;
- Knowledge of mobile devices, including, but not limited to, BlackBerry and iOS devices;
- Proven experience in troubleshooting Windows 7 desktop and laptop systems;
- Knowledge of Windows administration with experience in troubleshooting minor networking problems.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College Degree is preferred. Experience can be substituted for a degree. At least three (3) years of work experience providing technology support in a legal or professional services setting is preferred.
From time to time, this position may require moving computer equipment and printers around the office. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
← return to listings