The Database & Systems Administrator assists with the design and maintenance of a dependable, secure technical infrastructure to support the delivery of Litigation and Practice Support services. The Administrator will work with Litigation and Practice Support, IT, Project Managers and outside vendors in order to meet Firm requirements. Duties include troubleshooting issues, suggesting improvements, SQL administration, SQL development implementing, and helping administer information technology for the department; developing scripts to support automation of department services, creating documentation of department processes and software, and assisting users with the use of department technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain SQL maintenance plans, SQL clusters, SQL disaster recovery plans, and ensure system stability and uptime.
- Provide escalated application support for department software, as needed.
- Develop custom SQL stored procedures and Powershell scripts to automate department workflows and reduce manual administration.
- Assist in SQL development of end user applications.
- Upgrade, install, patch, migrate, load balance, administer and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL servers and databases.
- Make database capacity, backup strategy, high availability, disaster recovery, performance, and audit recommendations.
- Administer and archive data storage, as required, using scripting, copy utilities and comparison software.
- Create SQL Reports and assist with Business Intelligence initiatives.
- Monitor capacity and load balancing, and request new storage volumes for both SQL and flat file storage.
- Install applications on new servers and prepare them for production usage.
- Respond to afterhours requests, alerts and emergencies, as needed.
- Provide escalated application support as necessary for various department software.
- Install and upgrade department systems after hours, as needed.
- Act as a liaison with the IT department when managing Litigation and Practice Support operational issues and troubleshooting.
- Document IT systems and processes, and update existing documentation as changes are made.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SQL Database Administration
- Experience documenting and/or automating IT processes and workflows
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot problems with Windows Servers, Workstations, Databases, Networks, Firewalls, and Applications
- Experience with Powershell scripting to automate and standardize administrative tasks
- Experience administering SQL servers in environments with High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with Business Process Management software
- Data analysis and reporting skills in SQL, Excel, Access, etc.
- Prior experience with ticketing and task management systems
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
← return to listings