BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Responsible for developing, researching and implementing data analysis projects including but not limited to data reporting, data visualizations, and ad-hoc research projects. You will work closely with the Technology Development management team on planning, design, installation, configuration and maintenance of said systems. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that our data systems are engineered for greater flexibility and reuse. You will work with various department to ensure that their future data needs are met with our current and future designs while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Working with Firm Management to further Enterprise Analytics and Business Intelligence visualization and reporting capabilities.
- Working with Senior Management on research projects to design, develop and deploy advanced predictive modeling systems.
- Analyzing and verifying internal consistency, completeness and accuracy of data systems and making required adjustments.
- Acting as a resource to the firm on various data related questions for staff and other users. Responding to user questions and issues in a timely manner and assisting with solutions.
- Working with vendors in order to resolve complex issues.
- Staying abreast of current and new development processes, tools, technologies, and market trends as they relate to systems development and implementation in support of the legal industry.
- Working with various firm department and practice group attorney leadership or designees to provide guidance and support for development projects as they relate to more specific areas in the practice of law at the firm.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Business Intelligence Analyst must have strong development experience with Business Intelligence Tools, such as Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Power BI, SAS, strong skills in dashboard and report development, including, but not limited to, the ability to create meaningful dashboards to customers' satisfaction, strong SQL skills, including data profiling skills to identify and understand anomalies. An ideal candidate will have experience with R and Python, experience with in-Memory DBMS, as well as experience with NoSQL technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Apache Storm, MongoDB and Basho. The Analyst will display the ability to comprehend and accurately perform advanced data analysis and communicate data findings as well as the ability to cooperate with the IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Economics or a related field is preferred. Four (4) years of experience with Tableau, Business Objects, R, Python, Big Data, Machine Learning and with data analysis and working with users is preferred.
← return to listings