LEGAL TECHNOLOGY TRAINER
Our client is seeking an experienced Legal Technology Trainer who will develop and deliver a customized training program to attorneys and staff throughout the Firm on the use of various software applications and related legal technology. The position reports to the Information Technology Support and Training Manager and will be based in the Los Angeles office with regular travel to all offices.
The successful candidate must be proactive and reliable with excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals of varying skill levels, responsibilities and backgrounds. Exceptional grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are a must, along with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2010 Suite necessary (Microsoft Office 2016 a plus) to appropriately advise end users on best application to accomplish a given task.
- Experience in all standard legal enterprise applications.
- Must understand the concept of Document Management and Matter Centricity.
- Experience with Legal Macro Template packages including, BigHand Create, Legal MacPac or similar programs.
- Experience implementing, maintaining and supporting Windows operating systems.
- Experience providing classroom, individual and web-based training firm wide on customized computer applications, telephone systems, Firm policy and procedures as well as best practices.
- Experience planning and coordinating curriculum, courses, preparing materials, purchasing pre-created materials, recording classes and capturing feedback from users.
- Experience in New Hire On-Boarding and training.
- Experience with documenting and communicating issues discovered during training to improve existing systems.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience in end user support in a legal or corporate environment.
- 2+ years of experience as a classroom trainer in a legal or corporate environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong understanding of current technology and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to present subject matter in understandable terms to users with various levels of computer experience.
- Expert level skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, iManage, Aderant and InterAction, or equivalent programs.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (2010) Certification a plus.
- Familiarity with Matter Centric environment including Document Management Programs such as iManage or equivalent.
- Familiarity with litigation support applications and techniques to appropriately advise end users on resources available to meet project requirements is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules as needed to meet firm business needs.
Occasional travel, as needed
← return to listings