SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
The Senior Program Manager manages the IT solutions for his/her designated business process area – in this case, the area of accounting, specifically overseeing the functions related to General Ledger, Accounting & Reporting, Partner Accounting, Retirement Plans and Tax. Working closely with the Accounting Directors responsible for these functions and the Accounting IT Portfolio Director, the Senior Program Manager has ownership and accountability for all aspects of their technology program – solution fit to business needs, user acceptance and adoption, security, technical soundness and robustness, ROI/cost, time to delivery, prioritization of features, etc. This role creates the technology roadmap for their area and submits budget requests for the needed projects to achieve the objectives for the area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work across departments to gather and understand the varying perspectives on the program and its solutions – business function, user, technology, security, etc.
- Stay current with trends in their assigned area – both in terms of business trends and technology trends that influence the area. Maintain awareness of best practices and competitive intelligence of what other firms are doing in this area.
- Based on the above, determine the short- and long-term roadmaps for their program – adjusting over time as priorities and technologies change. Communicate and socialize the roadmap to achieve executive buy-in.
- Make key tradeoff, risk, and other critical decisions to do the “right” thing for the program, taking into account all perspectives.
- Champion change and innovation in the area – socializing a forward-thinking program of projects and program roadmap.
- Determine skills needed, roles needed, and create and organize project teams based on resource estimates from the resource owners (Program Analysts, Developers, Architects, Project Managers, etc.) Resolve resource, timing or other conflicts between projects and groups
- Work with other Senior Program Managers to create solutions for technology trends that span across programs (e.g. mobile, big data, security, etc.)
- Facilitate the annual IT project budgeting process with accounting and IT portfolio directors for their assigned area
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 10 years of experience owning and leading complex programs of projects balancing a variety of perspectives and interests
- A minimum of 5 years of experience creating and managing product roadmaps, including enhancement and other user requests
- Demonstrated experience in multiple IT-related functional disciplines (e.g. two or more of: Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Security, Quality Assurance, Change Management, etc.)
- Executive presentation skills
- Experience with Accounting systems and process/concepts
- Experience in current technology trends
- Law firm experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Management Information Systems
← return to listings