Litigation Support Project Manager
The person who fills this role will provide on-going consulting, training, and technical support on Electronic Discovery processing/review platforms, advanced predictive coding technologies/technology assisted review systems, case/matter management systems, litigation platform databases, document imaging/retrieval systems, and application/data level access processes and workflows.
- Directs/guides litigation support and case management projects amongst a number of practice offices. Works directly with the Litigation Support Manager to identify and provide technical solutions to the legal staff.
- Manages and coordinates all technology aspects of individual cases as assigned. Serving as liaison between vendors and case teams/clients to facilitate the application of Squire Patton Boggs best-practices and timely, efficient, and defensible completion of projects.
- Participates and/or conducts project meetings with the case teams (consisting of attorneys, paralegals, clients and vendors) to ascertain project requirements, provide options, and recommend solutions.
- Works to define project scope, delivery timing, and budgeting support.
- Prepares meeting summaries, vendor instructions, status reports, training materials, and other associated documentation as necessary for the successful completion of a project.
- Works closely with case team and client to coordinate preservation, collection, processing, review, and production of case related ESI. Must be ready to implement most appropriate Electronic Discovery processing solution, while adapting to the nuances of the ESI, the client, budget, and the demands of the project.
- Works with practice group to apply technology solutions and best-practices to practice group members by maximizing the use of existing software as well as implementing new technologies. Recognizes the need for additional software applications and explores/researches new software/service applications which may be leveraged for our case teams and clients.
- Manages vendors, responsible for ongoing maintenance of practice technology applications, provides ongoing user support via telephone, online, or office visits and is responsible for direct/indirect communications with case teams and clients regarding project statuses.
- Minimum of five years' experience in a litigation environment with a thorough knowledge of the litigation process and the application of technology to support litigation efforts.
- Undergraduate degree required- preferably in a computer related field.
- Working knowledge of industry standard practices, knowledge of computers, databases, database design, office automation software and various practice support systems.
- Previous experience with the IPRO Suite of products, Relativity, Concordance, and LiveNote is a must. Understanding of document capture and retrieval systems, electronic evidence, and various imaging formats required.
- Understanding of large law firm legal practice including attorney work-product, substantive deliverables and business environment to ensure accurate specification of requirements and appropriate application of technology.
- Must have solid understanding of case search/query syntax creation, document review setup/batching work-flows, tag field/palette creation, predictive coding technologies/TAR, content/concept data analysis tools, and data production generation.
- Strong customer service orientation & skill set.
← return to listings