Senior Network Engineer
- Design and implement Network Infrastructure solutions utilizing Cisco centric products in support of Corporate or Divisional business initiatives.
- Provide support of existing Network Infrastructure.
- Supports LAN/WAN and carrier services with firewall, load balancing, wireless mobility, DNS and DHCP platforms to ensure peak operating performance is maintained.
- Participate in Strategic planning for the use of Infrastructure solutions including Cisco switches, hubs, routers, firewall solutions and other common infrastructure components.
- Facilitate the planning, design, maintenance and monitoring process of the company's communication / network solutions infrastructure.
- Work with Divisional IT to find appropriate areas where shared Infrastructure services can be utilized to provide cost benefits to the Enterprise.
- Collaborate with Divisional IT on the development of Infrastructure standards and best practices.
- Implement and maintain MDM solution Airwatch for the firms’ mobile device platform.
- Production, support, and deployment of new projects for storage and Virtual Environment needs.
- Fulfills on-call duties for ITS emergencies outside of Firm business hours.
- Maintains awareness of all ITS problem situations and informs ITS management when necessary.
- Evaluates and recommends new software and network performance enhancements that will increase or improve the capabilities of the network in order to provide new levels of service to clients and end users in the office and also provides a competitive edge for the Firm.
- Provides highest level of internal technical support and assistance to other firm-wide Information Technology Services personnel as part of the Finn problem escalation procedures.
- Develops and keeps network and other network-related documentation current, accurate and available for use by other Information Technology Services personnel.
- Develops proper documentation and recommends efficient procedures for use by Network Administration.
- Provides updates to assigned supervisor and other ITS management on status of currently assigned and scheduled activities.
- Completes other duties, responsibilities and technical projects as may be assigned by ITS management.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with legal and administrative personnel though the firm as well as clients and outside vendors.
• Maintains high ethical standards and strict confidentiality of all information on the network.
• Recognizes the importance of effective client service and presents.
• The ability to work as a team player both within ITS, and with our customers in the rest of the Firm.
• Timely and regular attendance.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Cisco routers firewall and switches.
- Expert in Switching L2/L3 and different platforms of Cisco switches Nexus 2k, 5K, 6K 7K , Cat 6500, 4500, 4900, 3700, 3500 etc.
- Expert in Routing Protocols OSPF& BGP and different platform of Cisco routers ASR1000, 7600, 7200, 3800, 2800 etc.
- Expert level experience with network management tools such as-Riverbed Optnet, Netflow, Wireshark and Cisco Prime.
- Experience in implementing and troubleshooting the following technologies: Fabric Path, Spanning Tree, Port Channels, MPLS, GETVPN, PBR (Policy Based Routing), QOS, Video, Unified Communications.
- Expert level competence in the Operating systems in use by the Firm (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008- 2012).
- Previous exposure to a law firm environment, with particular experience in a law firm IT support role.
- BS in Computer Science or MIS.
- CCNP certification with 10-15 years support experience with Cisco network infrastructure.
- Position requires access to equipment, software, or technology that is subject to U.S. export controls. To be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws, candidate must be either (a) a United States citizen or national; (b) a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence of the United States (i.e., “Green Card” holder); or (c) an INS-approved refugee or asylum holder who has applied for naturalization within six months of the date the individual first became eligible; and if not yet naturalized, is still actively pursuing naturalization if 2 years have passed since the date of application to be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws. Candidates will be required to submit appropriate documentation to determine whether access can be granted before proceeding further through the application process.
- As with all positions it will be required to perform other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the ITS Director or Firm Management.
← return to listings