Manages and develops with firm partners and attorneys the full lifecycle of practice information and biographic content published to the firm’s external websites and for use in business development efforts, including RFPs, pitches and networking events, through a highly collaborative process. Responsible for content management and development of significant areas of the firm’s external websites. Responsible for development and dissemination of firm social media content. Supports firm efforts to market high-profile attorneys externally and internally, and internal cross-selling efforts by writing and publishing feature articles detailing firm news and events on internal website. Position requires significant interaction with attorneys at all levels and senior administrators and directors.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Collaborates with attorneys and Legal Personnel staff to develop attorney biographical content, which is published for external audiences and used in myriad business development efforts. Deliverables include writing all biographies; interviewing attorneys to obtain content; obtaining and managing the client consents process; educating attorneys and members of Client Development on bio best practices and search engine optimization; and maintaining adherence to firm editorial style. Regularly works with specific groups to update all bios practice-wide to ensure content reflects practice and firm goals and initiatives, managing necessary project plans and schedules. Ensures that display of biographies on external website and printed marketing materials is current, consistent, complete and free from errors. Monitors industry trends and conducts competitive intelligence to ensure biographical content and style is current and proactively makes recommendations to Client Development leadership on proposed updates.
- Develops new and updated content for practices on firm website. Collaborates with multiple attorneys and Client Development members to develop appropriate strategies and content related to practice goals and experience, and serves as project manager until content is completed. Collaborates with members of Visual Communications team to repurpose website content into one-page brochures for use at pitch meetings.
- Creates, posts and monitors social media content and is knowledgeable in firm’s overall social media strategies and policies.
- Oversees daily dissemination of firm’s internal newsletter.
- Oversees significant portions of website content, including, but not limited to, Publications, News and About sections. Ensures content meets firm editorial standards and coaches Client Development staff and other departments on these standards and web best practices.
- Co-leads firm efforts to market incoming high-profile lateral hires, including reviewing and publishing press releases, creating biographies, and coordinating electronic arrival announcements distributed to firm mailing lists and the laterals’ personal contacts. Arrival announcement process includes creating mailing, coordinating approvals from lateral hires and other stakeholders, managing distribution lists, and disseminating in a timely fashion
- Acts as project manager and liaison to capture appropriate content and clearance for email client alerts submitted by attorneys and Practice Management. Ensures content complies with firm Media and External Communications Policy. Secures final approval of content from key attorney(s), Practice Management, New Business/Conflicts and reviewers. Edits content as requested and provides advice to attorneys on date and time of distribution, as well as which mailing lists to leverage. Compiles and distributes alerts using email marketing software and firm website.
- Writes, edits and publishes feature articles covering legal cases, firm events and news related to attorneys, staff and leadership on internal website. Regularly develops new ideas for content and strategizes with internal communications team on ways to increase readership and highlight cross-selling initiatives.
- Regularly tests and troubleshoots existing and new website and content management system features and functions. Trains and provides ongoing coaching to new users.
- Serves as backup to members of internal communications team for coverage on internal and external invitations and sponsorship ads.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to all firm members as well as external clients and vendors via email, over the phone and in person.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong attention to detail—proofing copy and checking for technical functionality and style consistency.
- Experience using content management software, HTML and a variety of web authoring software and digital marketing tools.
- Working knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style preferred.
- BA/BS Degree is required.
- Minimum of 3–5 years’ experience coordinating and drafting website content is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
← return to listings