Within the Finance Department, the principal objectives of the Global Finance Projects team are:
- Provide project management and business analysis expertise and guidance as required across the department and firm.
- Work with project managers and other stakeholders to ensure that a clear understanding of the objectives and requirements is obtained on all initiatives and projects.
- Meet deadlines as set by the project manager on time and on budget.
- Devise solutions, processes and documentation using established standards, methodology, and tools and promote their effective use.
Reporting to the Global of Head of Finance Projects, the Business Analyst is responsible for successfully interpreting, documenting requirements, and devising thought through and robust solutions as needed to support the implementation of new solutions either as part of a specific initiative or as part of a wider project.
- Responsibility for capturing and analysing business requirements that will or potentially may impact the systems or processes that are supported owned or managed by the Finance Systems Team.
- Coordination of pre-packaged activities related to the Elite 3E project (or other projects as directed) covering specific functional areas of the solution. This will include:
o Documenting (where required) the existing functionality in use today
o Agreeing with the users how the existing functionality can be replaced either by functionality within Elite 3E (for example) or appropriate Custom and/or third party solutions
o Setting out appropriate project, resource and communication plans that scope out how the defined functional requirements can be delivered.
o Working with the Finance users, external suppliers and IT to effectively deliver the required solution.
- Once the initial implementation of Elite 3E has been delivered, working with the Finance users to define and agree the ultimate Elite 3E vision, by implementing appropriate Elite 3E software in a timely manner.
- As part of this role there is the possibility that you may be required to travel to any of the
Firm’s overseas offices.
- Act as the key resource for the many internal and external customers within Firm.
- Deliver assigned tasks on time and on budget.
- Production of regular documents and reports using the Firm standard templates and tools
- Specific duties or responsibilities may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changes in personnel and management structure, business services employees’ locations, or services.
- Have a demonstrable and in-depth knowledge and experience of the finance systems and processes used by a global law firm.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to lead analysis discussions and work with business stakeholders. Must be able to communicate with technical stakeholders to convey and confirm understanding of business objectives and solution fit.
- Experience creating and maintaining practical system documentation.
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and precise and timely delivery of projects.
- Has to be focused, detail oriented, and willing to take responsibility for driving solutions.
- Ability to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and aim.
- Experience working in a fast paced, cross-functional and cross-team environment.
Demonstrated role as the functional go-to person with multiple business stakeholders.
- Must be results oriented and able to drive things forward and able to enthuse and maintain team interest in the tasks.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes or set backs on a project. Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Maintains the quality and quantity of output under pressure.
- Microsoft Project skills, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills and any of the widely accepted project tools.
- Prior experience in project lifecycles from business case development to final delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Commercial consulting / client facing experience delivering end-to-end solutions.
- Experience working in a law firm, or alternately a similar professional services environment
- Business analysis experience
- Candidates showing an appreciation of the following project methodologies are preferred:
- Able to generate fresh ideas regarding use of IT in business areas where it is not being used.
(Note: Where used above, the term “client” generally refers to lawyers or other parties within Firm, who may act as project sponsors, define requirements or use the systems developed by the Finance Department. Obviously, in instances where the Business Analyst has to interact with clients of the firm, the same skills and characteristics would also be expected.)
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., although the Business Analyst will be expected to work additional hours as required. Flexibility with working hours and occasional travel may also be required.